Saturday, March 10, 2012

New York Fashion Week AW 2012...Tilda


Tilda Lindstam, after Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti, NYC, February 2012.

In my first year of university, I had a pair of black denim dungaree shorts almost exactly the same as Tilda's....in fact they are probably still tucked away in a drawer somewhere in my mum's house (we are a family that doesn't throw anything "still useful" out....and those denim dungarees were virtually indestructible, as denim invariably is). I wore them with a variety of t-shirts, an oversized plaid shirt (it was the grungy 90's and that was the way we rolled, yo!), a pair of Timberland-style tan lace-up's.....I probably looked like a tradie from a building site but at the time I thought I looked pretty damn cool.

Not (quite) as cool as Tilda though. Love the way she has teamed the heavy dungaree shorts with the delicate lace top....this would have worked brilliantly in the 90's with the lace bodysuit that I owned :)

Recreate Tilda's look (kind of):

French Connection lace top or Madewell silk Intermission top (in parchment) or try American Apparel for a lace bodysuit

Paul and Joe Sister denim dungarees or NSF Sky denim overalls

0 comments: