Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Chocolate Almond Biscotti

I wanted to share with all my lovely readers a recipe I just tried. This entire idea to make my own biscotti stemmed from the fact that I always buy one with my chai latte or chai tea at work and it was getting expensive... so I decided to try and make some myself.

I got the recipe from here and just changed it up a bit by using almonds instead of hazelnuts.

Here are the ingredients you'll need:

1 cup (150 grams) hazelnuts or almond slithers

4 ounces (120 grams) semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 cup (210 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
1 3/4 cups (230 grams) all-purpose flour
1/3 cup (30 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon (4 grams) instant espresso powder
1 teaspoon (5 grams)baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

You can get the detailed recipe here
And just cause I love recipes with pictures, here are some pictures of my biscotti making process...

















0 comments: