Thursday, November 11, 2010

Beauty Bag: Shannon, What's Up Whimsy

Hello everyone! I am so happy to be a part of this fun series! Thank you Liz for thinking of me!

Now, to start off, I’m not very well-versed when it comes to make-up. I kind of wear the essentials everyday and then jazz my look up with some eyeliner and eye shadow when I’m going out (which is few and far between these days!).  I will share with you my tried and true favs though and maybe I will convert you to my ways!

I have this huge red, quilted make-up bag and in it, you can find:

1.Burberry Brit Perfume – I have worn this same perfume for years now and the smell just brings me back to my school days.  I love the scent – not too overpowering, just right and sweet!

2. Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse – I wear this light foundation everyday underneath my eyes and on “problem areas”.  It just glides so smoothly over my skin and it never looks like I’m wearing anything, which is the look I’m trying to pull off.  I know for a fact I have converted some of my friends when they have given it a try!

3. Maybelline Big Great Lash Mascara – I tend to try different types of mascara, but I have stuck with this one over the last year.  I find that it doesn’t clump like other mascaras and it makes my lashes look long!


4. Phsyicians Formula Multi-Coloured Light Light Bronzer – This is by far the best powder/bronzer I have ever tried! It goes on really light and gives me just enough boost of colour to this pale face of mine!

5. Smashbox Brush – I use this brush to apply the bronzer.  My mother-in-law used to work at Shopper’s Drug Mart, so I got a lot fun make-up and applicators.

6. Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in R.S.V.P and Busy Signal – I am a huge fan of Benefit (mostly because I love their packaging and names), but I have stuck with these types of eye shadows for years now.

7. Smashbox O-Glow Intuitive Cheek Colour – This stuff is, by far, the best invention ever made! You squeeze a clear little dollop onto your finger, rub it on your cheeks and it turns a natural pink colour to match your skintone.  I love it!!

8. Smashbox Eye Beam Double-Ended Brightener – I use this stuff around my eyes and on my brow bone to lighten up the areas.

9. Benefit Bad Gal Smoldering Black Eye Pencil – I love doing a smoky eye and this pencil is perfect!

the stunning Shannon

One beauty product I can’t live without: I don’t have them in my makeup bag because they are scattered all over the house, but I am OBSESSED with Blistex! I apply it probably 25 times a day, I can’t sleep without it and I have a fit if I can’t find one.

Thanks again Liz!

Thanks to Shannon from What's Up Whimsy for sharing her beauty secrets with us! I am so jealous that her mother-in-law used to work at Shoppers I bet she used to get tons of great stuff!! I too am a blistex junkie, I have several pots of the balm, I love the minty scent and soothing menthol qualities especially in the harsh winter weather!

0 comments: