Monday, October 25, 2010

Beauty Bag: Kyle, Knight Moves

So, I'll be honest...I'm not exactly a beauty product aficionado. I buy things here and there...most frequently from the drugstore. Sometimes I'll grab a swankier product if one of my beauty maven friends recommends it. For example, I've got Tom Ford's lipstick on my radar right now! Anyhow, since my beauty routine is basic at best, most of what I use isn't very fussy...but it gets the job done! Here goes...from the left, moving clockwise:

1) Pssssst dry shampoo - I've tried the expensive brands before (even the hailed Bumble & Bumble) and this works the best and is definitely the cheapest. I also like the light, clean scent.

2) Sonicare toothbrush - clean teeth are much prettier than dirty teeth, n'est-ce pas?

3) Creed Love in White fragrance - a classic, subtle scent that works for every season.

4) bareMinerals Matte foundation in Medium + brush - easy to apply and wear.

5) Bobbi Brown EXTRA Eye Repair Cream - feels fabulous and I have high hopes that it will keep crow's feet at bay!

6) Estee Lauder Pure Color Lip Gloss in Brazen Berry - my lips need a little color and this is just the right amount.

7) L'Oreal Go 360 Clean Deep Facial Cleanser - the scrublet is pretty awesome.


click on image for larger view


8) philosophy hope in a bottle: for congested skin - a recommendation from a friend, it seems to be working well so far.

9) CoverGirl Lash Blast mascara in Black Emerald - LOVE this stuff...it volumizes and curls (I don't even use my eyelash curler anymore) and it doesn't flake.

10) Nars Blush in Orgasm + brush - such an easy shade to wear...definitely perks up my whole face.

11) CoverGirl Exact Eyelights Eye-Brightening Eyeliner in Vibrant Pearl - I like the precision of this eyeliner.

12) CoverGirl Smoky Shadow Blast in Smoke - just bought this and so far I like it. Very easy to apply and blend.

13) Q-tips - a necessity for me...I always get mascara around my eyes!

14) Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Liner in Midnight Black + brush #9 - a friend told me to get this and line the inner rims of my eyes with it. It's an advanced maneuver for me, but I look better in photos when I do it.

15) Oral B Satin Floss - see #2 :)

One product I can't live without (besides the oral hygiene items!) is definitely mascara. I have blonde eyelashes so I look pretty tired when I don't wear it. It's the only make-up product that I feel pretty naked without.

Thanks so much Liz for asking me to participate!

Thanks to Kyle for sharing her beauty finds with us! I love that she included floss and Q-tips on her list...just keeping it real girls, because you know we've all had to fix runny mascara before! Be sure to head over and check out Kyle's own blog Knight Moves, she has some amazing taste!

0 comments: